Saturday, May 11, 2013

What my Waitress Thought of the coming Gun Turn In (Phoenix 11 May 2-13)


My waitress was a young, pretty, Gen X or Millennial.

I am in Phoenix again for the next and last gun turn in for an unknown period. I stopped for dinner at a Gyro sandwich place somewhere in Scottsdale.

The food was good, the water acceptable, the company pleasant. The waitress was photogenic, so I asked her what she thought of the gun turn in (buyback) being run by the city.

At first, she didn't recall what I was talking about, but then she said that she remembered seeing a sign for the event.

She said that she wasn't interested, because she did not have a gun, but her boyfriend did.

Then she asked: "Why would anyone turn in their gun?"

I explained that the city would have the guns destroyed.

"But that's stupid!" she said.

I explained to her that a new law signed by the Governor would require that guns turned into the city be sold, and the proceeds turned over to the public treasury.

Visibly pleased, she said: "Well, that makes sense."

A recent poll found that 60 percent of young Americans plan to purchase firearms

Link to survey finding that 60 percent of young Americans plan to purchase firearms

Link to Arizona Fiscal Sanity Law

Link to Phoenix Turn In Part 1

Link to Phoenix Turn In Part 2

Link to Phoenix Turn In Part 3

©2013 by Dean Weingarten Permission to share granted as long as this notice is included.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be in GenX she would have to be between 34 and 48 year old. I would bet money she can't drink legally.