Friday, October 20, 2006



RSS

One reader has been having trouble getting an RSS feed of this blog. It seems to have come good, however. He writes:

I FINALLY got your feed to appear on my google page... If anyone contacts you in the future about this problem, tell them to use: http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/rss.xml




CLASS

CLASS, an Australian gun-owners' group, has some background articles up that should be of interest to gun owners generally.




Masked Mississippi gunman killed: "A gun battle in Saucier ended with an armed robbery suspect dead and an elderly couple lucky to be alive. Beth Greer, 73, and her husband Tommy Greer, 60, say they returned home from work shortly before 11pm Monday night. Within minutes, they were staring down the barrel of a gun... She says one moment she was unloading her car, the next she was asking a gunman to spare her life. "Out of nowhere to my right there was this voice that said "Hey." So I turned around and looked and it was this masked man. He had a mask on and a jacket that all seemed like it blended together and he had a gun in his hand pointed at me," Beth Greer said. Greer screamed for her husband who was inside. That's when she says the gunman walked past her and into the house to confront Tommy Greer. "He had the gun pointed at me," said Tommy Greer. "I figured he was going to shoot me anyway so why not try to whip him, take him down. So me and him went 20 feet over there. He shot and hit me up through the head and it [the bullet] went up the wall into the ceiling. "Still outside, Beth Greer had grabbed a gun from her car. "I heard a shot go off and, of course, I just knew he had killed Tommy. In an instant, he stepped back into the garage. One step in the garage, still with his gun pointed at me, and I just opened fire on him. I just shot, shot, shot, shot," Beth Greer remembered. At the Harrison County Sheriff's Department on Tuesday, the Greers finally got to see the face behind the mask. To their surprise it was Bobby Hardy, a regular customer at their store in Gulfport. The Sheriff says Hardy, whose criminal history included aggravated assault and armed robbery, probably followed the couple home.

No comments: