Saturday, January 02, 2010



Kentucky Home Invader Shot To Death: "A man is dead after a shooting in Adair County. Troopers said the attack happened at about 11 p.m. on Christmas. Investigation said Bobby Bunch, 35, tried to force his way into the home of Michael Compton at 2294 Cane Valley Road. Troopers said Bunch was shot during the altercation. An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday in Louisville. No arrests have been made".


Ohio: Armed Robber Shot, Killed By Auto Sales Employee: "Police say an armed man robbing an auto sales store in north Columbus was shot and killed by a store employee. The shooting occurred at Advanced Auto Sales at 657 E. 5th Avenue about 5 p.m. Monday. According to Columbus police, the shooting stemmed from an attempted robbery. The suspected robber entered the business and asked to use the restroom, then came out showing a gun and demanding cash. Police told NBC 4 that the attendant gave the robbery suspect money, but he said it wasn’t enough and began pistol-whipping the attendant. Another employee was able to retrieve a gun and shot the robber. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene. The employee suffered a broken nose and was treated and released from Grant Medical Center."


Chicago man says he shot, killed robber after escaping from car: "A South Side man says he grabbed a gun from robbers who snatched him off the street and he killed one of them when firing off what he meant to be a warning shot. “I’m walking to the store minding my own business and a car full of juveniles pull their car to the side,” said the 31-year-old man, who asked not to be identified. “A guy gets out pointing a gun at me to get in the car and says we’re going to the ATM. Chicago police said they have corroborated details of the man’s account with witnesses. One police official said the man won’t face any charges. "We drove around the block, and then a third guy wants to know if I have a checking account or a savings account. So after I tell him, he gets out at the restaurant. So it’s me, the person in the back, and the driver who has a .38 pointed at me the whole time, even while he’s driving,” the victim said. Halfway down, a woman in the back seat told the driver to toss her the gun because she didn’t want police to see it, he said. “All of a sudden, by the grace of God, between these two fools, I hear boom, and then I hear her hollering and screaming, ‘I shot my finger off, I shot it off.’ “That’s when I knew it was my moment. “My adrenaline was pumping. I reach over the seat and go to get the gun. I got the driver kicking at me, and I’m fighting for the gun with the woman. One arm is fending off his kicks, the other is trying to get this gun. I finally get it and point it at the driver, about six inches away from his abdomen. I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. He said he rolled out of the car and started running down the alley. The woman got out and chased him. “I don’t know if she’s gonna kill me or not, so I fire a warning shot,” the man said. “Unfortunately it hit her. I never fired a gun in my life... The man said the only injury he suffered is a welt under his left eye. The robbers got his wallet and $12, he added."


DC murder rate lowest in 45 years?: "The U.S. Supreme Court overturns the D.C. gun ban in March and the city records the lowest murder rate in 45 years... Coincidence? A criminal has to think twice these days don't they. The home they're breaking into might just have owner with a gun instead of a baseball bat. Overall murders in D.C. are down 25 percent. I'm sure a lot of murders are criminal vs. criminal in gang fights... I'd like to know how much 'criminal vs. innocent' murders are down".

No comments: