Friday, January 04, 2013

IN:Muncie mom stops burglar with BB gun


A Muncie mother is being dubbed a hero by her neighbors, for holding off a burglar who was stealing from the entire area.

“I heard a crashing sound, it startled me,” said Muncie resident Rhonda Coleman.

Coleman woke up to someone, in her house, trying to steal whatever he could grab. Thomas Miller was hiding behind the family Christmas tree.

“I can not see him, I am trying to make out details, but I can not make out details because he is hiding behind my tree,” said Coleman. “That is when he says, ‘yeah it is me, Josh.’ I knew then that this is not my son.”

Coleman was hoping to get her phone and call for help, but Thomas Miller had taken it. Rhonda’s instinct took over. She hurried behind a curtain to grab her shotgun, but in the moment, she grabbed the wrong weapon.

“I have a shotgun, and I have a bb gun,” said Coleman. “But when I reached back to get the gun, I pulled out the bb gun, so I am looking at the gun and he is standing by the tree watching me.”

More Herre

No comments: