Monday, December 25, 2017

Falling Prices: Cheap AR15 Clone: $375 Del-ton Echo, $8 Shipping



I have believed that Modern Sporting Rifles would hit an oversupply after the election of President Donald Trump, for some time.

Price cuts and sales were a near certainty.

I have no knowledge of DEL-TON products. They claim "Mil-Spec" for at least some of the parts.

$375 with $8 shipping is very reasonable.

Here is the link to the sale site.  Minimum wage in the U.S. is now $7.25 per hour, $6.71 after 7.65%  is taken out for federal Social Security and Medicare.

At that rate,  an AR-15 clone is available for 57 hours worth of work at the minimum wage.

In 1937, a 1903 Springfield rifle could be had for $18, or .9 ounces of gold.

 Today gold is $1,278, so the DEL-TON rifle would be about .337 ounces of gold.

©2017 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.

Gun Watch




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean. I shoot a Del-Ton Sport which I bought a year ago for about the same price. It's great for just putting lead down range, plinking, etc. With a cheapo red dot, it's fun to shoot. I would probably spend more on quality components if my life depended on the AR, but as it is, and for what I use it for, I get great pleasure from shooting a few hundred rounds with it once a month or so.

Anonymous said...

I have enough raw gold to buy at least three