Saturday, December 09, 2023

AL: Woman used Bear Spray in Robbery Attempt, is Shot, Wounded

The first thing she did was bend down and put a block in the door so it would stay open.

“I knew then what was happening,’’ Dennis said, “so I drew my weapon.”

Wright said, “Happy holidays. I don’t want to hurt y’all, but I am.”

She then immediately started spraying bear spray at the employees. Bear spray is a powerful aerosol spray meant to be used to ward off grizzlies and black bears.

“I stepped around the corner and fired and hit her pretty good,’’ Dennis said. “I hit her in the shoulder. It was a significant injury.”

“I didn’t have any choice once she started spraying the bear spray because I didn’t know what was going to come next,’’ he said.

“I was in fight or flight mode, and I was trying to get the store secured because I didn’t know if she had other people with her

 

More Here

No comments: