Monday, June 16, 2014

MI: Chief Craig on Crime in Detroit


In this long article, Chief Craig supports armed citizens and discusses the Detroit crime rate: 

DD: You’ve been an advocate of lawful citizens having guns and a lot of people have applauded you and some criticized you for that. Obviously you think it’s a good thing?

Craig: I think it’s good for people to protect themselves, their families and when necessary, protect someone from an imminent threat to their lives or facing great bodily injury.  I’m not an advocate of violence.  I do not promote vigilantism, I promoted life, I promote nonviolence, and I do promote law abiding citizens who are eligible to get a concealed weapons license, who are trained and who are responsible when faced with an imminent threat to their life. It’s the law that they can protect themselves.

More Here

No comments: