Friday, December 07, 2012

MO:Armed shopkeeper stops robbery, pistol safety prevents firing


ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - A Cherokee Street shopkeeper fought back against an armed robber Wednesday morning.

Sandy Maniphonh has been shopkeeper at The Asian World Market for 21 years. It's a great place to pick up snacks and candy, but it's bad news if you decide to commit a robbery.

It had been 15 years since it was last robbed, until Wednesday around 9 a.m.

"He say put money in the bag. After that I say, 'Okay, okay. I give it to you.' I move back, and I grab the gun and I point to him and say 'I give it to you,'" said Maniphonh.

Security video shows a man wearing a hoodie and a mask pull a gun and demand money. But then Maniphonh pulled a gun on the gunman.

But there was just one problem.

"I no shot him yet because my gun is locked," said Maniphonh.

more here

1 comment:

Dean Weingarten said...

She needs a revolver or a Glock with a good holster. She stopped the robbery, but forgetting to take the safety off must be embarassing.