Saturday, November 23, 2013

OH: Vietnam Vet Wins Another Firefight... at Home

The news does not tell you that verterans are more law abiding than the general population.  They also are trained in the use of arms and understand the necessity of deadly force.  A commenter says that the police impounded the veteran's gun.   This is a good reason to have a spare, or know a friend who will lend you a defensive weapon when you need one.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -
A 69-year-old west Columbus man said he defended himself, his partner and his home from robbers.

(snip)


"They turned their gun on me and when they did that I just stood up and shot," he said. "I honestly felt that I would have gotten killed. He would have gotten killed … And I wasn't going to let it happen."

Columbus police said one of the gunshots struck the suspect in the neck. Police said another shot struck another suspect in the chest.

"My adrenaline started going. I said, 'Well, it's either kill or be killed.' That's the way I looked at it just like we had to look at it in Vietnam. I had to protect our house," the victim said.

More Here

No comments: