Thursday, February 07, 2013

Another comment on some idiot propaganda

Bill Tatro

In its attempt to mitigate “persistent” questions regarding Obama’s latest statement that he participates in skeet shooting “all the time” when he’s at Camp David, the White House recently released a photograph showing the president shooting a clay pigeon at the presidential retreat.  Since it’s been years that I personally handled a shotgun, I was very curious to see the president’s form, attire, and technique. Who knows, after all these years, shotgun shooting styles may have changed dramatically. 

The first thing I noticed was that the president’s gun barrel was parallel to the ground, so apparently, the clay targets are no longer propelled higher than seven feet in the air.  I found that to be very peculiar, but remember, for me it’s been a while. 

In addition, I was very impressed with Obama’s square and upright stance; it obviously showed his authority and his complete control of the situation.   In fact, it’s a stance that I had never seen in the world of skeet shooting, but as I mentioned earlier, I’m no target shooting expert. 

Next, let’s examine the president’s apparel.  It certainly appears to me that the official shooting vest has been scrubbed in favor of a golf shirt.   I imagine that makes it very convenient for as much golf as the president plays to simply exchange his seven-iron for a shotgun and squeeze off a few double-barreled blasts between holes while he’s on the back nine. 

Finally, let’s review the president’s technique.  I thought that having the shotgun sight above his eye and the gun stock resting half-on-and-half-off his shoulder was a very unusual method that would have not only put me on my back, but also would’ve prevented me from hitting anything. 

Yes, it’s a good thing when you can actually see the target.  However, this approach seems to work very well for the president since he does shoot on a regular basis.

SOURCE 



No comments: