Friday, May 31, 2013

With Illinois on the Brink of Concealed Carry, Lets Remember Those We Lost


Illinois --(Ammoland.com)- Cliff or no cliff- that is the question.

Today we should see revised language for HB0183. As all of you know we have been working very hard for concealed carry for a very long time.

For me it has been 27 years and for others like Jim Vinopal it has been twice that long. Today at some time we will see language for an amendment to HB0183. We will all have to read the bill and decide if we can support it or not or just remain neutral .

For me 27 years of work will have to be decided upon in an hour.

Whatever that decision is it will be for, in our opinion, the best thing to do for Illinois State Rifle Association members and gun owners across the State of Illinois. I don’t know what else to tell other than the fight will not be over.

Whatever the case some kind of concealed carry will come to Illinois. Some believed it would never happen. Many of our good members have passed away waiting for concealed carry to come to Illinois. I was thinking about them today. I could see their faces but I have to tell you I could not remember all their names. We should all be grateful for their efforts and remember that freedom comes at a dear price. In any case, I hope they are looking down on us and see that concealed carry come to Illinois.

I also wonder, not just today, but often, how many lives were wasted because we did not have concealed carry in Illinois. I hope those people are looking down on us and are comforted by knowing many lives will be saved and others will not have to suffer the untimely death they suffered.

I also remember the endless string of enemies we have faced in our quest for concealed carry and our seemingly endless efforts to preserve the Second Amendment in Illinois. Many of those enemies will see Illinois get concealed carry first hand.

Many of our enemies have passed away also. I hope they are looking up and see concealed carry come to Illinois.

Richard Pearson
ISRA Executive Director

About:
The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners Visit: www.isra.org

Source

No comments: