- The United States is fragmenting into separate cultures. Entrepreneurs in pro-liberty states would open businesses to temporarily rent firearm to qualified visitors from blue states. That way, the non-residents can go armed when they visit “free America”.
- Movies would tell stories of heroic self-defense. Examples include-
- Passengers gang-tackling a terrorist on an airplane.. or on a French train.
- A woman successfully defends herself from a criminal. That night she goes to dinner and is complemented by everyone in the restaurant.
- A couple defends each other from an armed attack by relying on their church marriage training that taught them how to work as an armed team.
- U-Hunt/ we-clean-and-cook restaurants would spread across the US.
- Insurance companies would offer lower rates to families with firearms and training.
- Couples going out on a date would decide which of them will carry that night.
- One reader suggested to carry openly rather than concealed. “I shouldn’t hide a virtue,” he said.
- Another reader wanted to carry in his hospital. “They trust me to save patient’s lives.. but disarm me in the parking lot.”
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Rob Morse: Guerrilla Tactics in the Culture War- Part 4
We are in a cultural conflict where freedom is under attack on many fronts. I chose to talk about self-defense. This is the final part of a four part series. Parts one, two and three are here. Thank you for your comments.
Self-defense is more than a right we reluctantly tolerate. It is more than a private choice. In this culture war, people who love liberty should advocate for a better culture rather than watch as they lose their rights one by one. Self-defense is a virtue we want to actively support across our culture.
What would we do if we really valued self-sufficiency and self-defense?
What would local politicians do tomorrow if they really valued self-defense?