Thursday, November 19, 2015
AL: Stand Your Ground Saves Innocent Marine from Prosecution
- The woman continued to aggressively approach Watson and threatened to kill him even after he fired a warning shot towards the ground.
- "Scarred (sic) for his life as well as his families, the defendant had to make a split-second decision and fired a second shot at her."
- Watson testified clearly he had not choice.
- Watson had no criminal history and was honorably discharged from the Marines.
- "There was no evidence that the defendant had any animosity toward Ms. Langston that he was motivated by anything other than reasonable fear of serious bodily harm to himself or others present."