Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Pistol used in Russian Ambassador Assassination Sarsilmaz K2P (video)


Today, 19 December, 2016, in Turkey, the Russian Ambassador, Andrey Karlov, was assassinated by a Turkish police officer, Mert Altintas. 

Link to Video

The picture below is good enough for identification of the pistol.





 The pistol looks to be a K2P Sarsilmaz 9mm Turkish Police model. 



The K2P has a standard capacity of 16 rounds plus 1 in the chamber. It uses the CZ 75 type internals and inside the frame rails.  The pistol has a good reputation, and is imported into the U.S. by EAA.

Update the pistol appears to be the Canik TP9,  domestically produced in Turkey and imported to the U.S. by Century Arms.




©2016 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.

Link to Gun Watch



4 comments:

Tim said...

Looks more like a Canik TP9 to me.

Dean Weingarten said...

It may be a TP-9.

Anonymous said...

The problem I see with all most all of these new designs is the barrel is too short. barrel length improves distance AND ACCURACY, reduces barrel rise in recoil and makes for much better control for faster firing. shoot that gun next to a desert eagle and see the difference.

Anonymous said...

This may be hard to believe but I'm going to say it any way. It is my understanding that a desert eagle is sighted from the factory to be flat on at 200 yards. I have been told that the desert eagle is the required side arm for the Israeli army, I'm not sure what the caliber is, I had a ,44 mag and my ex wife handled it very well. she was five feet five inches tall and weighed about 125 pounds. I watched her keep it on target at well over 150 yards. Desert eagles are a very well made but heavy gun. the weight and length of barrel to me is ideal. I think in 9mm or .357 caliber it would be un beatable for just about any use. but I have never fired one in those calibers. I'm just considering the difference in recoil. the one gun I love Is my Ruger single six convertible .22LR/.22 mag. with the 9 and 1/2 inch barrel. at 25 yards/ meters my three shot group could be well covered with a dime. it was difficult to tell there were three hits. only two holes with one hole slightly larger than the other. with about 5/16ths of an inch between the edges of the holes. When Owen Ford saw my group he offered me a job on the spot with the Arizona Highway patrol. I was 19 at the time and he told me as soon as I turned 21 he had a nice shinny gold badge waiting for me. He said anyone that can make three hits like that in less than 15 seconds I want on my side of the badge. It has taken years for the service connected disability to my arm to get back in to good control. I used to say if you can see it I can hit it. now my eyes are not what they used to be. when I fired those three rounds I could see the first hit I aimed at the first hit trigger pull put the other two off slightly. I had not fired the gun in six months. I was shooting with the .22LR cylinder in. I really do not like short barreled guns. I taught my first wife to shoot. first time out plinking she kept a soda can in the air with all six shots with a Ruger bear cat.