Saturday, March 26, 2022

FL: Taxi Driver Shoots man who Attacked him

State Attorney Jack Campbell did not return a reporter's request to verify the deputy's statement. 

Campbell told WCTV that the driver’s use of force was lawful under self-defense, and the passenger admitted to police that he had “put his hands” on the driver. The station reported the cab driver, who had just started carrying a gun the month before, became scared after the passenger became angry.

It's at least the second shooting to be ruled as self-defense this month.

More Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I THINK I COULD DESIGN A TAXI THAT WOULD PREVENT AN AMMO SHORTAGE. WHERE ARE THOSE PEOPLE COMING FROM THAT THINK THEY CAN ATTACK ANY ONE ANY TIME AND GET AWAY WITH THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR? I HAVE BEEN TO nyc. FIRST TIME I WAS TAKING MY FIANCEE TO DINNER. A GUY JUMPS IN FRONT OF US WIYH A KNIFE DEMANDING MY WALLET. I WAS IN UNIFORM. I CALMLY ASKED HIM IF HIS KNIFE HAD A GOOD HANDLE HE SAID YEAH WHAT'S THAT TO YOU. I SAID BECAUSE WHEN I TAKE THAT KNIFE AWAY FROM YOU I'm GONING TO STICK IT IN YOUR ASS AND BREAK THE HANDLE OFF. HIS EYES GOT BIG HE TURNED AND RAN AWAY. WE CONTINUED TO OUR DINNER REVERVATION.