Tuesday, July 07, 2015

South Africa: Wounded Guard Kills Robbery Suspect

A suspected robber has been shot dead by a security guard at Johannesburg's Oriental Plaza. Police say a number of gunmen ambushed cash-in-transit security guards who were collecting money at FNB Bank. They say two men tried to rob a guard moments after he collected cash.

A shootout ensued leaving one suspect dead. The second man fled on foot. Police say the guard was shot seven times and then taken to hospital.
Witnesses say they were shocked by the incident.

"As I was speaking to the lady in the bank, I just heard the shooting and when I turned back I saw the guy lying down near the door and I just ran down to the corner to be safe,” says one of the witnesses.

More Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't very nice of the police to shoot the guard seven times and then take him to the hospital.