Tuesday, October 13, 2020

CO: 23 July 2020, Rifle Defense Against Black Bear in Cabin

He said the first time they saw the bear was on the night of July 23, he’d been nosing around the trash can outside the cabin. As a precaution, Williams put his Uberti 1866 Yellowboy carbine rifle by the bed.

Then at 3 a.m. they were awakened by a thundering crash as the bear came through one of the cabin windows.

“It sounded like an explosion when he slammed the window open,” said Williams. “I grabbed the Yellowboy and walked to the opening from the bedroom to the living room. We don’t have a door to separate the rooms. With the front porch light coming through the windows, I could see the bear on the couch, just 42 inches from me. I cranked off the first round and hit him. He jumped down from the couch and stood up in front of me about three feet away. I shot him twice more and he fell back to the other side of the room.”

 

More Here

No comments: