Thursday, January 04, 2024

IN: Disarm, Homeowner and Intruder Gunfight, Homeowner Speaks Out

A day later, the homeowner who shot and killed the 22-year-old man inside his home in the 3700 block of Marseille Road is speaking about what happened.

Brent Smith says he had just returned home from the grocery store when he noticed a young man walking up to his house. He says he then saw the man pull a ski mask over his face.

Smith tells WRTV the incident happened so fast he didn't register what was happening until he had already been hit.

"He hit me in the head with his gun," Smith said. "I yelled out 'he is robbing me', thinking my neighbors would hear me."

Smith says he then began to wrestle with the intruder for his gun. During the struggle, the intruder's gun fired. At this time, the intruder began running out of the house.

More Here

No comments: