Thursday, July 02, 2015

NM Gunfight: Former Green Beret Wounded, Attacker Killed



When it became clear to Russell that the man may shoot them, she told him they would look in her purse for something. Russell said she and her husband have concealed carry licenses, and she had a gun inside her purse.

"He wound up taking my husband's briefcase, and instead of just taking it and leaving, he took it and went over and started firing at my husband. And Chuck fired back and it was a shootout."

Russell said the man was killed during the exchange. De Caro was struck by three rounds, but he was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive.

"I am very, very proud of my husband. He is my hero," Russell said. "He saved my life."

De Caro is a former CNN investigative reporter and a consultant for the Pentagon.
More Here

No comments: