Monday, September 26, 2022

MO: Jury finds Marvin Humphrey Not Guilty of First Degree Murder in Killing of Shawn Stewart

ST. LOUIS — A jury on Wednesday acquitted a Florissant man of first-degree murder and other charges after he shot and killed another man outside of a north St. Louis gas station on Thanksgiving Day in 2019.

Marvin Humphrey, a 64-year-old military veteran, argued he acted in self-defense when he fatally shot 33-year-old Shawn Stewart, of St. Louis, just outside the Love’s Travel Stop on Broadway off Interstate 70 on Nov. 28.

Surveillance video from the trial showed Humphrey walking up to the gas station counter to buy a 12-pack of Bud Light just after 1 p.m. that day. He smiled and chatted with the cashier and was waiting on a price check when Stewart walked up to the counter. The two started arguing about what was taking so long.

More Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’ve known Marvin for a long time, he is one of the nicest people you you could ever meet. I worked with him back in the 80’s and he saved a lady from getting mugged downtown. I happened to be in charge of the intake and reception department in the City Jail when he got arrested and I was shocked to see him there. I looked out for him as best as I could luckily he was able to make bond after a few weeks. Saint Louis City is so dangerous, I worked for the City for 29 years and moved to Manchester as soon as I retired.