Friday, September 28, 2012

(TN)Victim Uses Samurai Sword To Stop Armed Robber


MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - You know the saying: Don't bring a knife to a gunfight? Try telling that to three students who pulled a Samurai sword on a gun-packing robber.

"He chose the wrong guy to mug. I always said I'm not going to give money to someone who mugs me, and I'm living proof. I'm here and he's in jail," said Tyler Michaels, a teenage college student.

The person in jail is armed robbery suspect Deadrick Gaines.

Michaels said Gaines pulled a gun on him in a parking lot and then demanded they go get money from inside his apartment. Once inside, Michaels said he fought back -- successfully wrestling the gun from Gaines, but ending up with two black eyes.

"He put a beating on me. I was just after that gun. I took that beating to get that gun," said Michaels.

He then called his roommates for help and Andrew Perez rushed in and grabbed a decorative samurai sword off the wall and held it to Gaines chest until Murfreesboro police arrived.

more here

No comments: