Sunday, October 21, 2012

(OK)After shooting intruder, Calera girl speaks out


CALERA, OK - Yesterday we reported on a brave 12-year-old Bryan County girl who was home alone when she shot an intruder that broke into her house. She's been the talk of Texoma the past 24 hours, and today Steven Powell sat down with her to hear the story in her own words. "He opened the screen door and started pounded on the door. So I didn't answer it. And I called my mom. She said to go get the gun and hide in the closet."

Kendra St. Clair says she stayed in the closet until she thought the coast was clear. So she went to check the back door.

And he was standing there trying to open it. So I got really scared and I called 911."

She went back to the closet. That's when she heard the man in the house.

"When I was back there on the phone with 911, I heard the bathroom light turn on that was leading to the closet. And when I saw the door handle turn, I shot him. I guess it went through the door, went through him, and went through the wall."

more here

No comments: