Saturday, January 22, 2005

Maryland police: Repeal gun ID system: "A law requiring Maryland State Police to collect ballistics information from each handgun sold in the state has not aided a single criminal investigation and should be repealed, a state police report has concluded. About $2.5 million has been spent on the program so far. Col. Thomas E. Hutchins, the state police superintendent, said he would prefer spending the money on proven crime-fighting techniques. Maryland was the first state to adopt a ballistic fingerprinting law in April 2000. New York is the only other state to have such a database."





Defending the right to bear arms: "I carry openly. I do this for political reasons -- the same reason I make it a point to sit in the smoking section at restaurants when I go out to eat by myself, even though I don't smoke. But that's another story. I carry openly, precisely because it invites comment (it shouldn't, but such is the sad state of our society). Some of the comments are good, a few are bad, and many more merely serve educational purposes"

No comments: