Saturday, August 01, 2009



Kentucky: Suspect Shot in Home Invasion Robbery: "Police say a suspected burglar was shot early Thursday morning during a McCracken County home invasion. The incident happened at about 2 a.m. at a home in the Kevil area. The McCracken county sheriff says a man was trying to break into the home when a burglar alarm went off. The home owner confronted the burglar, then shot him. The burglar's name and condition have not been released."




FL: Clerk discharges shotgun during robbery: "A store clerk thwarted an attempted robbery when his shotgun went off accidentally while he was struggling with the suspect, according to police reports. Police say Ryan McLain Fields, 24, [above] entered the Quick Thru Drive-Thru Mini Mart on Fourth Street North in St. Petersburg just before 6:30 p.m. Friday armed with a knife and demanded money. The clerk and Fields got into an altercation, during which the clerk armed himself with a 12-gauge shotgun. The gun went off accidentally. No one was injured. Store customers held Fields down until police arrived. During an interrogation, police say Fields confessed to being involved in five other robberies that have taken place over the past month in Pinellas County."


UT: Man pleads to misdemeanor for killing carpet worker: "A Copperton man who shot and killed his carpet installer two years ago, after the worker assaulted the man's girlfriend, pleaded guilty Friday to a lesser misdemeanor charge. Steven Lovendahl, 32, was charged in 3rd District Court with first-degree felony murder in connection with the Aug. 11, 2007, death of 36-year-old Kevin Michael Shepherd. Lovendahl pleaded guilty to a class A misdemeanor count of negligent homicide. He faces up to a year in jail when he sentenced Oct. 7 by Judge Robert Adkins. Explaining the significant reduction in the charge, prosecutor Alicia Cook cited problems with proving Lovendahl's intent to kill, as well as Lovendahl's potential ability to claim self-defense or defense of others. Cook said that at the time of the shooting, Shepherd was still in the act of assaulting the woman, whom defense attorneys described as Lovendahl's common-law wife. Also, the shooting occurred in Lovendahl's own front yard." [He took a plea bargain where he could have got off completely]


A woman’s journey into guns: “A few days ago, I was asked to tell my story about how I became interested in guns. … It really was something that came upon me in the last few years. … One day my husband was sighting in his new 17 caliber rifle when I walked outside and said I wanted to start shooting. I had only one condition: no guns with a loud bang or kick. He smiled a smile that made my heart skip a beat. Then he said, have a seat. … Recently, I had a van load of suspicious-looking men come to my house … I picked up my shotgun and stood in front of the doorway. They got the picture and quickly left. I realized then, I didn’t want to walk up on a situation where I am unarmed. So, I attended my first concealed carry class."

1 comment:

Tennessee Gunner said...

It's nice when the good guys get one over on the bad guys.