Monday, May 16, 2011

The Philadelphia Gestapo

Man who clashed with cops over legal gun was also armed with audio recorder

Excerpts from an audio recording Mark Fiorino made of his Feb. 13 encounter with Philly cops on Frankford Avenue near Placid Street:

Sgt. Michael Dougherty, approaching Fiorino, who had a gun holstered on his left hip: "Yo, Junior, what are you doing?"

Mark Fiorino: "Junior?"

MD: "Let me see your hands."

MF "Excuse me, why are you pointing your gun at me, officer? . . . Sir, you're threatneing me with lethal force."

MD: "No, I'm not threatening you."

MF: "You're pointing a weapon at me."

MD: "I don't know who you are; you've got a gun on you."

MF: "Would you like to see my license to carry firearms and my driver's license? . . . I'm going to hand you my license to carry firearms."

MD: "Keep your hand right where it's at. . . . I don't know who you are. Get down on your knees."

MF: "Excuse me?"

MD: "Get down on your knees. Just obey what I'm saying."

MF: "Sir, I'm more than happy to stand here -"

MD: "If you make a move, I'm going to f------ shoot you. I'm telling you right now: You make a move, and you're going down!"

MF: "Is this necessary?"

MD: "Yes it is. I don't know who you are, why you have a gun on you."

MF: "Because I carry a firearm for self-defense purposes."

MD: "Do you know you can't openly carry here in Philadelphia?"

MF: "Yes, you can, if you have a license to carry firearms. It's Directive 137. It's your own internal directive."

[About two minutes after the incident began to unfold, other officers responded to Dougherty's call for backup and arrived at the scene while Dougherty and Fiorino continued to exchange words.]

MD: "He's got a gun right on his left side."

Unidentified officer: "Get on the f------ ground!"

MF: "Excuse me, I'll get on the ground -"

UO: "Lay the f--- down! Lay the f--- down!"

MF: "All right! All right! This is not necessary, gentlemen -"

MD: "Everybody relax, relax."

MF: "Gentlemen, this is not necessary -"

UO: "Shut the f--- up! Shut your f------ mouth!"

The encounter lasted for more than 40 minutes before Fiorino was ultimately released.

The full audio recording, which is filled with graphic language, can be found here

Source






OH: Proposal allows firearms on Corps property: "When Congress voted to allow guns in Ohio's national parks in 2010, it did not include lands owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. U.S. Rep. Bob Gibbs, R-Lakeville, wants to make sure people otherwise allowed to carry firearms can take them into these properties as well. Gibbs' 18th District includes all or part of 14 counties in rural southeastern Ohio, including Coshocton, Muskingum, Ross and Licking counties. Gibbs introduced the Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act on Thursday. "The Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act is a bipartisan effort that seeks to correct this oversight and restore Second Amendment rights to law-abiding citizens while they are legally camping, hunting, and fishing on the 11.7 million acres of Army Corps recreational property,"

1 comment:

Wireless.Phil said...

Ohio:

Bill would allow concealed carry holders to have guns in businesses that serve liquor

Cuyahoga Falls News Press - Marc Kovac - 1 day ago
Among other provisions, the legislation approved by the Ohio House May 11 ... and guns, because those permitted to carry concealed firearms into bars or ...
http://www.fallsnewspress.com/news/article/5034064