Sunday, August 14, 2011

GA: Victim of attempted robbery defended himself: "Leontaye Johnson was shot during an attempted robbery at his house on the 2900 block of Nighthawk Drive, according to Richmond County Sheriff's Capt. Scott Peebles. Johnson shot and killed the suspect, identified by the coroner's office as Anthony Washington. Peebles said Washington had not broken into the house, but "was waiting for Johnson" when he came home. The incident occurred about 3:45 a.m. Johnson acted in self-defense, and no charges have been filed, Peebles said. When officers arrived at the scene, they found Johnson with gunshot wounds to both arms. He was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital"

OH: A dubious conviction: "A mother of two is sentenced for fatally shooting a 15-year-old boy. Karen Adams will spend six years in prison. In the middle of the night on August 10th, 2009, Robert went with two other teens to the Masury home of Karen Adams and Paul Sundy. One of the boys wanted to confront Sundy about his teenage daughter. The boys had bats and lead pipes. Adams pulled out a gun and she says in self defense shot out the home's window hitting Robert who was on the front lawn. In Adams statement to the court she said she regrets what happened and a lot of mistakes were made that night but not only by her. "Teenagers at two o'clock in the morning belong at home. And that doesn't change the decisions I made. But in a panic in a fear and trying to protect your own children and your own family unfortunately the best decisions aren't always made."

OH: Suspect killed in possible attempted robbery: "Cleveland police are investigating a possible attempted robbery Friday night where the suspect was shot and killed by the victim. Police arrived at 8110 Beman about 9:30 p.m. and learned that a man about 20 years old was armed with a hand gun and allegedly tried to rob another man, 24, in front of the house. The two men struggled and the 24-year-old gained control of the handgun and shot the 20-year-old twice. The 20-year-old has not been identified and was taken by EMS to MetroHealth Medial Center. He was confirmed dead this afternoon. The victim is also not being identified yet."

No comments: