Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Zimmerman ex-girlfriend recants gun assault accusation

The woman who told police that George Zimmerman pointed a gun at her face has recanted her story and is now saying “I want to be with George,” according to a court affidavit published by the Orlando Sentinel.

Last month, Samantha Scheibe called 911 to report that Zimmerman had pointed a shotgun at her face during a domestic disturbance  sparked after she asked the former neighborhood watchman to move out of her house.

The 911 call from last month’s incident captures Scheibe yelling at Zimmerman, “You point your gun at my fricking face.” Scheibe said that Zimmerman also pushed her out of her residence and was smashing her belongings during the argument. Zimmerman claimed that Scheibe started the fight and denied pointing a weapon at her.

(snip)

Now Scheibe has contacted Zimmerman attorney Jayne Weintraub to recant her accusation.
“When I was being questioned by police I felt very intimidated,” reads Scheibe’s affidavit, filed by Weintraub and notarized last Friday. “I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to police,” Scheibe states, adding that she was not allowed to call an attorney and was without food and drink for “a very long time”.
Scheibe now claims that Zimmerman “never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner.”  She also said “I am not afraid of George in any manner and I want to be with him,” according to the affidavit.

No comments: