Sunday, August 05, 2012

Man With Gun At Theater Wants Apology From Police(CO)

“Never had a problem,” he said.

 That changed on Sunday.

 “The movie stopped and the lights came on,” Mapes said. “Someone said, ‘I just got a call from my friend who said there’s someone in the theater with a gun.’”

 Mapes said he stood up told fellow patrons that he had a concealed carry permit.

 He said he started to walk out and noticed all the police.

 Mapes said, “I put my hands out and said, ‘I’m coming out, don’t shoot. I have a concealed carry permit. My gun is holstered.’”

He said police took his gun, handcuffed him and placed him under arrest.

 “I’m kind of indignant about it,” he said. “I wasn’t doing anything wrong.”

Mapes said he wears his sidearm for safety reasons. “A theater is no different than a grocery store or a gas station,” he said. “If a criminal is going to attack, you need to be able to defend yourself.”

 Mapes attorney, Robert Wareham, said there should never have been an arrest.

More Here

No comments: