Friday, November 22, 2013

GA:Businessman arrested for loitering, carrying legal gun on own property

Mr. Lee has filed a federal lawsuit.  It seems a very clear case.

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. —
A local businessman is outraged after being thrown in jail for loitering and carrying a gun on his own property.

(snip)


“They (the police) just pulled in and said, ‘What is going on? What is going on? Hands up, Anybody have any weapon?’ I said I have a gun. They just grabbed me, took my gun and threw me in the car,” Lee said.

Lee said he told the officer he had the permit on him. He was cited for loitering and his truck was towed from his private property.

(snip)


A judge dismissed the case at his initial appearance and apologized. For more than a year, Lee has been trying to get his gun back, get an apology from police and get reimbursed for the cost of getting his car towed.

“They gave me the run around. I went to every precinct over here. Not here, try this one, Not here, try this one,” Lee said.

More Here

2 comments:

Wireless.Phil said...

I was going to say, don't get me started.
But its too late.

I know better than to write what I am thinking right now.

abraxas said...

Ok, so, I'm the LAST person that will scream racism. Not only am I white but conservative and I believe that the term racist is used willy nilly. But let us look at the facts. A black man owns a business where a report of homeless/suspicious person is reported. Police show up, see a black man (who also ends up being armed) on the property and immediately target him as a 'suspect' even when he tells them he is the owner of the property AND has a permit to carry. Both facts that could be confirmed by some basic investigation. Add to that not returning his legally owned and carried firearm and you've got enough to start asking questions. Obviously, we don't have all the facts and I don't want to jump to conclusions here but it's at least suspicious. Again, I hate people that scream racist at the drop of a hat, but it DOES happen on occasion. Then again, it could just be high-handedness on the part of the police, with a legal loophole to target law abiding gun owners, either way, needs to be stepped on rather quickly.